Father, husband and business consultant Mark Sawyer says he’s just another black man, but MJ and Jennifer would beg to differ. Not only is Mark Jennifer’s husband, he is an accomplished and self-made Black business man who built his success based upon betting on himself. From honing his selling skills at the age of nine, to rising in Silicon Valley, building and investing and multiple businesses, Mark’s business acumen is unparalleled. If you’ve ever wondered what does it take to rise to the top, get your business funded and scale properly, you need to listen in to this podcast.
Points worth listening to:
- 4:36: Follow your vision: If you have something that you’re passionate about, and that’s that’s really important. If you find something in business that you’re passionate about. I truly suggest you follow that passion.
- 6:55: If you’re going to be an entrepreneur, you have to be a salesperson. If you’re not willing to bet your job, on your ability to sell, and who you are, then you probably wouldn’t be a good entrepreneur.
- 11:57: If you don’t fail at something, then you know you don’t know if you’re doing the right thing.
- 13:39: Mark’s invests in people: I don’t care what you want, money or business, if you have integrity, morality, heart, the fire to go work for yourself and to make it happen, then people such as myself will notice that in you.
- 27:75: Build a team: don’t be a single point of failure.