How to Leverage Your 9 to 5 to Build Your Business
Chances are that if you’re working a 9 – 5 job while building your side business you’re using skills that intersect in both businesses. As a certified project manager, I use my management skills in my social media and influencer business often and it has served me well.
Chances are that if you’re working a 9 – 5 job while building your side business you’re using skills that intersect in both businesses. As a certified project manager, I use my management skills in my side business often and it has served me well.
Asya Watkins is the founder of Women of Project Management, the only community created to support and amplify the voices of women and women of color in every specialty of the project management industry worldwide. In today’s episode, we talked about using your project management expertise, or any professional expertise, beyond your 9 to 5 job.
Points Worth Listening To:
- How I got started in the project management industry (3:52)
- How I use my PMP in my side business (17:59)
- “You’ve got to get in there and start figuring it out.” (32:33)
- “I just have to do it and learn to do it scared.” (45:10)
- My top pitching tips (52:00)
- Find out more about Asya Watkins and the Women of Project Management by visiting their website www.womenofpm.com
- Follow Women of PM on Instagram @womenofpm
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to my pitching tips from episode #30
- Book one on one coaching with MJ
Final Thoughts: Freebies, memberships, and podcast review links
- Don’t forget to like, review, and subscribe to the podcast.
- Follow MJ on Instagram @lifebymj
- Follow the podcast on Instagram @alifebyyou